Saturday, August 21, 2010

Mr. Bunny




I saw this and re-created it with crochet.

Ears (make two)

Rnd 1: 6 sc in a circle
Rnd 2: 2 sc in each sc around (12)
Rnd 3-10: sc around
Stuff


Tail

Rnd 1: 6 sc in a circle
Rnd 2: 2 sc in each sc around (12)
Rnd 3-4: sc around
Doesn't need to be stuffed

Feet (make four)

Rnd 1: 8 sc in a circle
Rnd 2: 2 sc in each sc around (16)
Rnd 3-4: sc around (16)
To give weight and flatness to the feet I put small decorative glass stones in them before sewing them to the body.

Mustache (make two)

Rnd 1: 4 sc in a circle
Rnd 2: sc in next st then ch 5
sc in 2nd ch from hook
sc 6 along ch and into round, sl st in next st

Body

Rnd 1: 6 sc in a circle
Rnd 2: 2 sc in each st around (12)
Rnd 3: *sc then sc twice in next st* repeat around (18)
Rnd 4: *sc in next two st then sc twice in next st* repeat around (24)
Rnd 5: *sc in next three st then sc twice in next st* repeat around (30)
Rnd 6: *sc in next four st then sc twice in next st* repeat around (36)
Rnd 7-21: sc around
Rnd 22: *decrease then sc in next four st* repeat around (30)
Rnd 23: *sc in next three st then decrease* repeat around (24)
Rnd 24: *decrease then sc in next two st* repeat around (18)
Put in eyes, sew on mustache and ears. Stuff.
Rnd 25: *sc then decrease* around (12)
Rnd 26: decrease around (6)
Rnd 27: decrease once more then break thread and sew up hole.
Sew on tail and feet.

Update: I have had a few questions about the mustache. I took a few pictures to help clarify what each half of the mustache will look like. I used white yarn because it was the nearest to me at the time. The first photo is of the mustache before I let the yarn curl naturally into a curve and the second one is after the curve. You make two of these and sew them close together and touching edges on the face.


23 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorable! I wanted to buy that rabbit offline but now I will definitely be crocheting him! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore you! Hubs and I are obsessed with the stache labbit! I made one this afternoon and it is too cute. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this pattern! You can see my bunny here: http://sibilantwhispering.blogspot.com/2011/01/today-i-rested-and-basically-stayed-in.html
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your patterns are amazing! I stumbled across this one while looking for some patterns(I just recently took up crocheting) I'm so antsy to start working on them! I especially LOVE this bunny, I literally laughed for 10 minutes straight, it's so perfectly adorable. :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erhm... There's a little mistake on the body rnd 2. It's 2sc in each st. Not sc in each st. Yeah. I had to remake my hole body after I found that out.
    And btw, it's so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you kbbles. I have made the correction. Sorry you had to redo it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a question about the mustache part...

    'sc 6 along ch and into round, sl st in next st'

    does that mean sc 6 times into each stitch all the way into the round?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You only sc once in each stitch. You sc in the next 6 stitches and the last ones are not along the chain but are part of the round.
    I hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yaaaaaaa not the best ever but still pretty cute thx :]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there.

    What size crochet hook do you suggest would work best for this little ami critter to get the correct gauge?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used an e hook. You could also use an f hook it would just turn out a little bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for the pattern, it made a great last minute Christmas gift.
    https://www.facebook.com/Pandabugcreations?ref=hl#!/photo.php?fbid=444766862237576&set=a.444766842237578.99052.167639099950355&type=1&theater

    ReplyDelete
  13. Question: How did you do your decrease so smoothly without there being ugly bumps and holes? I did the "invisible decrease" which involves front loop only, but then you can see the back loops sort of sticking out.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I just did them really tight. I made this pattern before I discovered the invisible decrease method. Also since it is white and the stuffing is white it wasn't too noticeable. I think if you are using a different color for your bunny you could try stuffing it with the yarn you are using instead of regular stuffing. That way if you do get holes they aren't as blatant. Another trick is to use a smaller hook to help it get tighter at the end. Good luck!

      Delete
  14. Hi, this bunny is so cute! I'm making one right now :)! But, I have a question about the mustache: the two parts of the mustache pattern are identical, is there any way I can attach them so that the front sides (the nice-looking side) are visible on both? Because I don't see how that is possible... either it's front side + back side, or it's front sides but one mustache-curl is pointing up and the other is pointing down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I don't know how you could do it. I figured it was such a small piece it didn't bother me too much.

      Delete
    2. Oh alright, thanks anyway :)! I'm too much of a perfectionist sometimes, sorry. I really love this mustache bunny, thank you so much for the pattern!

      Delete
  15. Thanks so much for this pattern! I made one for my friend's birthday present :3 I didn't have brown yearn so his mustache is blue XD

    http://distilleryimage10.ak.instagram.com/71311416bbf711e2ab6822000a1fb191_7.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG - this is so cute! I don't even know how I found it today. I've shared it with some friends who crochet! I would love it if you would consider linking it up to my weekly #throwbackthursdaylinkup at http://www.geminiredcreations.com/throwback-thursday-weekly-link-41014/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really professional handmade & creative.
    Thanks for your tutor.
    kelinci

    ReplyDelete